Dear Missoula Area Boys and Parents:
When and Where does Troop 1911 meet?
We meet on Tuesdays at the First Christian Church (2701 S. Russell St. across from the Fairgrounds and adjacent to the City Life Center) at 7:00 p.m. You are cordially invited to attend any of our Tuesday meetings. Boys 11 years of age and older (and their parents) are invited. You’ll get a firsthand look at some of our troop activities, and you can visit with our Scouts and their adult leaders.
Tell me about Boy Scouting
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Scouting has a solid reputation for helping youth develop self-reliance, strong character, respect for others, good citizenship, and physical and mental fitness. For more than a century, scouting programs have instilled in young men the values and knowledge that they need to become leaders in their communities and in their countries. Learning basic scout crafts such as first aid, knots and lashings, knife and ax handling, outdoor cooking, and wilderness survival skills are an integral part of the scouting program; as is learning to respect and appreciate the outdoors.
What activities does Troop 1911 offer to Scouts?
Here are some of the activities that Troop 1911 organized and participated in during 2019:
- Backpacking trek at Philmont Scout Ranch, Cimmaron, New Mexico
- 50-mile canoe trip through the White Cliffs section of the Missouri River
- Summer camp at Camp Easton, near Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho
- Big Hole National Battlefield, camping at May Creek, and Lost Trail Hot Springs
- Biking the Route of the Hiawatha
- Cross country skiing at Lolo Pass
- Ice fishing at Georgetown Lake
- District Klondike Derby winter event
- District Spring Camporee at Gilman Creek
- Reading of the Declaration of Independence at Missoula Independence Day celebration
- Flag presentation ceremonies for the community
- Conservation service projects at Rock Creek and Pintler Mountains
- Service at the Missoula Food Bank and Thanksgiving community meal at Fuddrucker’s
Please join us!
Scoutmaster – Troop 1911, Missoula, MT