Many Hands Make Light Work
The success of Troop 1911 is due to its many helpful parents and committee members! – Plan on getting involved.
All adults involved with the troop are required to have current Youth Protection training. It’s quick (takes about 20 minutes), easy and can be done online at scouting.org
- Start by creating a scouting.org account, if you don’t have one.
- Take the online training (takes about 20 minutes)
- Print your YP card.
- Bring the YP card to the troop meeting so the troop can update its records.
Scoutbook is an essential tool for every Troop 1911 parent and scout, as we use it for troop-wide email messages as well as rank advancements and activity tracking.
When you sign up for Troop 1911, you should receive a formal email invite to ScoutBook soon afterward. Do NOT sign up for ScoutBook without using the formal invite link, as you will not be connected to our Troop’s databases. If you haven’t gotten an invite, request an one from Shawn Moe or the Scoutmaster.
If you want to add your scout to the Troop email list, they will need their own personal email account, and then for you to send them an invite within ScoutBook (see instructions under the link below).
- How to add your scout’s personal email to ScoutBook
- How to send a Troop email message using ScoutBook
- How to update your email address in ScoutBook for troop messages
We try to have a parent meeting once a month, see the troop calendar for dates. Come find out what the troop needs to continue operating. We discuss who will lead future trips and community events, who will organize fundraisers, summarize recient events, the current financial state of the troop and many other topics required in running the troop. All adults with scouts in the troop are encoraged to attend. Leave your scouts at home for parent meetings if possible, if not they are welcome to sit quietly in the back or go outside at the church.
- Adult Application Fillable (Be sure to Save and print 3 copies!)
- BSA Health Form A – B – C
- Troop 1911 Adult Orientation
- Invitation to Join for Non Cub Scouts
- Webelos to Scouts Parent FAQ
- Information on Weekly Troop Meetings – Merit Badges — Rank Advancment — Service Hours
- Scheduling a Scout Master Conference. procedures
- Orienteering course documents for the First Class rank requirement:
- Troop 1911 Orienteering Course instructions scouts package
- Troop 1911 Orienteering Course Worksheet
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO PARENTS ON THE ORIENTEERING COURSE: Contact the Scoutmaster directly for the answer key prior to your scout working on this requirement. We do not post the answer key since it defeats the propose of the requirement.
- Guidance on uniform patch placement